I’m a fan of Deliciously Ella’s Spiced Sweet Potato Stew.
It came out a bit watery for me, so I threw in quinoa and a can of black eyed peas and it was perfect! Definitely eat this with avocado, it’s got a delicious texture and flavour that goes really well with the stew.
- 3 sweet potatoes (600g)
- 1 red pepper (100g)
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- salt and pepper
- 400g can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g bag of spinach
- Peel the sweet potatoes, then chop them into very small (about 2cm) pieces. Chop the red pepper into pieces of the same size, discarding its ribs and seeds.
- Place the sweet potatoes and red pepper into a large saucepan with the canned tomatoes and 600ml of boiling water, then bring it all to the boil.
- As it boils, add the garlic, chilli powder, cumin, coriander, miso paste, salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to a simmer, put the lid on the pan and allow it to cook for about 1 hour, making sure to stir it about every 5 minutes.
- Now the sweet potatoes should be soft. Add the black beans to the stew with the spinach.